How great is it that our random acts of kindness and good deeds can make someone else’s entire day?
Here are 5 random acts of kindness and good deeds that can help you carry out kindness daily and become an everyday hero.
1. Find opportunities to give compliments. It costs nothing, takes no time, and could make someone’s entire day. Don’t just think it. Say it.
2. Speaking of flowers — Why not take flowers to the nursing station at a hospital — for the nurses.
3. Say “thank you” to someone who made a difference. . . .Send a card to people who dedicate their lives to helping us – soldiers, police officers, fire fighters and teachers to name a few.
4. Donate your stuff. Instead of saving things in case you need them in 10 years, consider giving stuff to someone who needs it now.
5. Sometimes we shy away from people when we know they’re having a rough time. We assume we should wait for them to approach us, so we’re not intruding. Instead, ask them how they’re doing. If they don’t want to talk, they’ll say they’re “fine.” Many people will be relieved to have someone to talk to. If you don’t ask, they might never mention anything to you. They might not want to burden you with their problems.